Be A Changemaker. Move From Traditional Teaching--To A More Flexible Approach Using Mobile Technology - A Fully Online Program
Learn how mobile technologies can facilitate teaching and learning in your school or district from the comfort of your home. The Division of Professional and Continuing Education, in collaboration with USD's School of Leadership and Education Sciences-Mobile Technology Learning Center (MTLC), offers a unique online program that equips teachers and school leaders with the skills needed to be effective educators in a mobile technology learning environment. Explore ways, existing and emerging technologies, such as, iPads, iPods, cell phones, Netbooks, and e-readers are becoming learning tools and how they can be integrated into the classroom.
You will learn to …
- Integrate mobile technology tools into the student learning experience
- Locate, organize, understand, evaluate and analyze information using digital technology
- Use social media to foster communications
- Create and support meaningful student-directed learning experiences
- Employ a variety of tools for data analysis, collaboration, communication and co-creation of content
- Develop capacity to deploy and manage all aspects of mobile technology
Discover the USD difference with:
- Online anytime anywhere convenience
- Open enrollment with four in-depth courses to earn a certificate in eight months
- Affordable tuition
- Cohort structure of like-minded participant leaders
- Curriculum designed to work with any mobile device
- Courses taught by faculty who are accomplished and experienced USD professors of mobile technology
Get started today! (Registration opens after July 22)
Certificate: Enroll as a certificate candidate with a $100 non-refundable fee, see certificate program information. Add the Mobile Technology Learning Certificate Enrollment, EDU C776I, to your cart and then also enroll in courses. Complete all four courses to earn a professional certificate. Digital Literacy for Teachers and Leaders, EDU 777I/EDU-X777I, is a prerequisite for the remaining three courses. After completing that course, the remaining three courses can be taken in any order and/or concurrently.
Who Should Attend: K-12 teachers and administrators interested in learning how to plan and implement a mobile technology learning program. This program will provide everything you need to plan, deliver, and assess a mobile technology learning environment.
Course Format: All four courses are delivered in the Online Fixed-Date format.