You've Been Funded! (Educator Funding Series)
Register for courses in this series now through June 30, 2013!
You've Been Funded! is a series designed to introduce K-12 educators to the dynamic world of web-based funding and grant writing in order to fund classroom and school-based student learning. The series begins with an introduction to web-based funding, leading to the development and implementation of a web-based funding plan, and then progresses to the grant-writing process, searching for funding, components of a grant proposal, and finally the writing of a small/medium sized grant. Web-based and grant writing opportunities range in complexity and time required, but this series addresses the need for additional funding to meet educational needs by educators balancing teaching, personal lives, and economic realities.
The four courses in this series include:
Web-Based Funding for Classroom Educators -- EDU 537IO (3 units)
Developing and Implementing a Web-Based Funding Plan -- EDU 537IP (1 unit)
Grant Writing Basics for Classroom Educators -- EDU 537IQ (3 units)
Writing and Submitting a Grant Proposal -- EDU 537IR (1 unit)
In this series you will:
- Learn how to tap into web-based resources designed to fund classroom projects
- Continue providing the materials necessary for your students to have access to a quality education by proactively seeking funding instead of draining your already taxed personal finances
- Provide your students with new books, technology, and other supplies, regardless of local, state, or federal educational budgets
- Become an educator who is able to offer students dynamic and positively life-changing learning experiences for which there has not been money
- Begin grant writing your way to better educational experiences for your students with the myriad of opportunities waiting for you to grab them
- Web-based funding and grant writing are keys to empowering your students, schools, and community with vitality
- This is your moment to experience the thrilling words--You've Been Funded!
See each course website page for required texts. Each course requires access to the Internet.
- Assess student needs for which additional web-based and grant funding can address
- Examine and evaluate numerous web-based funding opportunities
- Determine viable web-based funding resources for supporting your students' learning
- Develop and implement a funding plan using web-based funding opportunities
- Learn the basics of grant writing
- Examine a range of education oriented grant proposals/applications
- Develop a small grant proposal
|COURSE TITLE||CLASS CODE||SERIES||UNITS
|Web-Based Funding for Classroom Educators||537IO||You've Been Funded! (Educator Funding Series)||3.0
|Developing and Implementing a Web-Based Funding Plan||537IP||You've Been Funded! (Educator Funding Series)||1.0
|Grant Writing Basics for Classroom Educators||537IQ||You've Been Funded! (Educator Funding Series)||3.0
|Writing and Submitting a Grant Proposal||537IR||You've Been Funded! (Educator Funding Series)||1.0