Register for courses in this series now through June 30, 2013!
This series of nine one-unit classes is based on the self-guided online courses developed by the nationwide non-profit organization, Teachers Network. Ideas, strategies and resources are presented that are based on the latest in thinking about the art and practice of teaching.
Courses in this series include:
EDU 508ZA - Aligning Standards, Curriculum & Assessment
EDU 508ZB - Classroom Management
EDU 508ZC - Families as Partners
EDU 508ZD - Strategic Planning
EDU 508ZE - Teaching Methods (for Diverse Learners)
EDU 508ZQ - Adolescent Literacy *
EDU 508ZR - Teaching Strategies for English Language Learners *
EDU 508ZS - Becoming a Professional
EDU 508ZT - Identifying Resources
After completing an online training program, you will mail written evidence on provided forms to USD showing your understanding and application of the concepts and strategies presented. The online training will include readings from the text and from online articles and will entail viewing scenes depicted in the CD-ROM.
Required Materials to complete these courses include Teachers Network text book and CD-ROM (Elementary or Secondary) and are available for purchase through this website.
- TEXT BOOK - The New Teachers Handbook
- CD-ROM - Successful Teaching Practices in Action for Elementary School Teachers OR Successful Teaching Practices in Action for Secondary School Teachers. NOTE: If you are an elementary teacher, and wish to complete EDU 508ZQ and EDU 508ZR, you will also need to purchase the Secondary School Teacher version CD-ROM. The Elementary version does not include these courses.
Both the text book and the appropriate CD-ROM are necessary to complete these courses. Only one set is needed if you are taking multiple courses from this series.
Hardware Requirements for your online training include:
- Reliable access to a computer with an Internet connection.
- Web Browser: Internet Explorer or Netscape are recommended. Please note that users of Macs that run Safari or users of either Macs or PCs that run Firefox may have trouble registering with Teachers Network and that we recommend Internet Explorer or Netscape.
- Since several of the courses require you to view video online, you will need to make sure that you have a media player on your computer (e.g. Windows Media, Real Player, Quick Time) that will play video files found online. You can check this before registering by going to http://teachersnetwork.org/media/ and playing one of the available videos.
HOW DO I RECEIVE MY COURSE INSTRUCTIONS?
After registering for courses, allow 48 business hours and then your course instructions will be available through this website. Log in to our website by using your e-mail address and password. Go to MY ACCOUNT and the course instructions, which include instructions on how to log onto the Teachers Network self-guided online course, will be there for you to download and print. Please allow 48 business hours for this access.
For course content information, contact USD Professional and Continuing Education at firstname.lastname@example.org.
|COURSE TITLE||CLASS CODE||SERIES||UNITS
|Aligning Standards, Curriculum & Assessment||508ZA||Teachers Network - Courses for Beginning Teachers||1.0
|Classroom Management||508ZB||Teachers Network - Courses for Beginning Teachers||1.0
|Families as Partners||508ZC||Teachers Network - Courses for Beginning Teachers||1.0
|Strategic Planning||508ZD||Teachers Network - Courses for Beginning Teachers||1.0
|Teaching Methods (for Diverse Learners)||508ZE||Teachers Network - Courses for Beginning Teachers||1.0
|Adolescent Literacy||508ZQ||Teachers Network - Courses for Beginning Teachers||1.0
|Teaching Strategies for English Language Learners||508ZR||Teachers Network - Courses for Beginning Teachers||1.0
|Becoming a Professional||508ZS||Teachers Network - Courses for Beginning Teachers||1.0
|Identifying Resources||508ZT||Teachers Network - Courses for Beginning Teachers||1.0