Instructional Strategies in Character Education (prev#: EDU 521CL) - EDU X731A 2013 90 Certificate Information and Requirements
Be A Changemaker In Your Students' Lives - Make Character Education A Part of Your Classroom - a Fully Online Program
Enhance your professional development skills in the field of character education/development and earn a Character Education Specialist Certificate. The Division of Professional and Continuing Education, in collaboration with USD's School of Leadership and Education Sciences - Center for Character Education, offers a unique online program. Teachers and school leaders will learn to motivate and develop students' habits of good character. Explore existing and emerging best practices that can be integrated into the classroom, school and district.
You will learn to …
- Help students develop the habits of good character and good citizenship
- Create a classroom or school atmosphere of caring, responsibility, and respect
- Help students develop social skills and strengthen thinking skills
- Plan, organize, implement and evaluate character education initiatives, curricula offerings, and intervention programs in schools, sports, and community intervention programs
- Become a local "expert" and resource for your school and school district
- Build a character-based discipline system and use effective classroom management techniques
- Explore new and specialized topics in the field of Character Education
Discover the USD difference with:
- Online anytime anywhere convenience
- Open enrollment with four in-depth courses to earn a certificate in eight months
- Affordable tuition
- Cohort structure of like-minded participants
- Courses taught by faculty who are accomplished and experienced character development educators
- "The online course I took was amazing. Not only did it allow me to have flexibility over when and what time I completed my assignments, it also enabled me to network with students from other programs, as well as opportunities to communicate with people on the other side of the world. I really enjoyed the course and appreciated that it let me learn at my own pace. The instructors were great and were always readily available whenever we had questions or comments. I would recommend online courses for anyone, who like myself, work full time and go to school part time. It is a great opportunity . . . " - Graduate Student, Leadership Studies Program----Human Resource Specialist
- "I just wanted to say how wonderful it was to communicate with everyone through [online learning platform]. I have learned an overwhelming amount of knowledge and information about Character Education, my own opinion, ideas, implementation, and school structure/procedure. It was great to hear and learn about each of your unique ways to develop your students so they will prosper. You have all given me amazing ideas, guidance, and inspiration. It was wonderful to talk and relate with everyone while we explored the developing world of character education. Once again, thank you for all your advice, insight, motivation, and creative ideas. I feel that I have grown as a professional by taking this class and cannot wait to apply it to my own classroom." - Middle grade teacher-enrolled for professional development units
Get started today!
Certificate: Enroll as a certificate candidate with a $100 non-refundable fee, see certificate program information. Add the Character Education Specialist Certificate Enrollment, EDU C730A, to your cart and then also enroll in courses. Complete all four courses to earn a professional certificate. The four courses can be taken in any order and/or concurrently.
Who Should Attend: K-12 teachers and administrators interested in learning how to plan and implement character development education into the classroom, school and/or district. This program will provide everything you need to plan, deliver, and assess character education best practices for the learning environment.
Course Format: All four courses are delivered in the Online fixed-date format.