Preparing for School Leadership - EDU 772I 2012 90 Certificate Information and Requirements
Be A Changemaker. Move From Teacher to Teacher Leader -- A Fully Online Program
This certificate program provides teachers with training in educational issues, laws, and programs to enable them to transition into the role of "Teacher Leader" on campus. A "Teacher Leader" is a teacher who is assigned special duties or takes on leadership roles on the school campus which provides them with experience pertinent to future careers as administrators.
You will learn to …
- Understand the topics covered in an administrative program
- Familiarize yourself with the resources and tools available to assist you in effective program analysis and school accreditation
- Enhance and apply your knowledge about disciplinary issues using real world scenarios
- Gain practical and legal knowledge regarding staff evaluations and instructional coaching to improve the learning environment
- Apply decision making skills with the use of case studies
- Effectively communicate a clear vision and goals
- Understand the legal liabilities and requirements concerning fiscal resource and human resource management
Discover the USD difference with:
- Online anytime anywhere convenience
- Open enrollment with five in-depth courses to earn a certificate
- Affordable tuition
- Like-minded participants
- Curriculum designed to increase your ability to prepare you for leadership roles
- Courses taught by faculty who are accomplished and experienced
Get started today!
Certificate: Enroll as a certificate candidate with a $100 non-refundable fee, see certificate program information. Add the Teacher Leader Certificate Enrollment, EDU C771I, to your cart and then also enroll in courses. Complete all five courses to earn a professional certificate. Preparing for School Leadership, EDU 772I, is a prerequisite for the remaining four courses. After completing that course, we recommend that the courses be taken in order, but not required. The remaining four courses can be taken in any order and/or concurrently after the first course has been completed.
Who Should Attend: K-12 teachers interested in eventually pursuing an administrative credential or just wanting to increase their leadership role at their school or district.
Course Format: All five courses are delivered in the Online fixed-date format.